Full Details about Bihar Mukhyamantri Viklang Sashaktikaran Yojana
Mr. Nitish Kumar, Chief Minister of Bihar launched a new and ambitious scheme for the physically disabled or challenged and has named it ‘Mukhyamantri Viklang Sashaktikaran Yojana’. This scheme’s central attraction has been to provide education, employment and financial help to handicapped people of the state of Bihar.
Features of Mukhyamantri Viklang Sashaktikaran Yojana
- Under this scheme, the government provides various profits and services to handicapped people of the state.
- Under the Mukhyamantri Viklang Sashaktikaran Yojana, the state government of Bihar will provide education and employment opportunities to the handicapped people of the state.
- Besides this, financial assistance is also provided to the handicapped people for their daily expenses.
- The handicapped people of the state will be provided the scholarships.
- Under this scheme, the government will also construct the schools for the handicapped persons to provide education. The government will also provide the handicapped certificate to handicapped people of the state under this scheme.
- The handicapped people will get various benefits and services through this certificate such as free bus services, free train services, etc.
- The government will also provide disability Aids to handicapped people under Mukhyamantri Viklang Sashaktikaran Yojana Bihar.
- The handicapped people of the state will also get loan facilities from various banks.
Mukhyamantri Viklang Sashaktikaran Yojana (SAMBAL) aims at implementing various articles of THE PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995, the Government of Bihar has approved an Integrated Empowerment Scheme for Persons with Disability (PwD).
Plans under the Mukhyamantri Viklang Sashaktikaran Yojana
Social Rehabilitation Plan under the Mukhyamantri Viklang Sashaktikaran Yojana:
Under the Social Rehabilitation plan of the scheme, following services are available:
- Special workshops for PwDs for their easy adjustment in society.
- Special workshops for the family members to be able to understand the state of the PwD(s) in their family.
The Government of Bihar also renders some great assistance to these disabled people in the education sector as well as in economic welfare sector.
Educational sector plan under the Mukhyamantri Viklang Sashaktikaran Yojana:
The following services are available for students from Class 1 to Post Graduate level under the Educational sector plan:
- Scholarships for scholarly students and Stipends for the students going ahead for the college education.
- Special schools with housing facilities to support the student life in the colleges along with Certification of Disability for future support.
- Loans at low-interest rates for practicing higher studies which is an essential step for supporting the professionals, coming up from rural areas.
Economic Sector Plan under the Mukhyamantri Viklang Sashaktikaran Yojana:
The following services are available under the Mukhyamantri Viklang Sashaktikaran Yojana:
- Loans of up to Rs. 1, 50,000/- for persons willing to set up small scale industries, manufacturing plants or agricultural purposes.
- Disability aids such as tricycles, hearing aids, calipers, and similar items costing up to Rs. 1, 00,000.
- Free bus rides and free train tickets, supporting the students in their daily life and pursuance of their education.
- Special benefits for Daily Expenses for the students, supporting their study for future education along with Employment opportunities.
Some of the other plans integrated into the Mukhyamantri Viklang Sashaktikaran Yojana are as follows:
- Scheme for Stipends to Physically Handicapped Students.
- Mukhyamantri Nishaktjan Swarojgar Yojana.
- Help to Disabled Persons for Purchase/Fitting of Aids and Appliances.
- Scheme of National Awards for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
- Scholarships for Disabled Students.
- Samarthya Scheme.
- Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme.
- Mukhyamantri Nishaktjan Shiksha Rin Yojana.
- Bihar Disability Pension Scheme.
- Education Program for the disabled.
- Survey of Persons with Disabilities.