Free Washing Machines to the Washermen: Telangana Government
The Telangana State Government has launched a scheme to provide free Washing Machines to the washermen (Dhobis) of the state. The community of washer men come under the poor and backward class of people, these poor washer men will be provided free Washing Machines at traditional Dhobi Ghats. Jogu Ramanna, Backward Classes Welfare Minister directed the officials to work out over this scheme.
The Washing Machines that will be provided under this scheme would be big machines that will cost 10 lac to 30 lac depending on the features provided in the machinery under Free Washing Machine Scheme.
Around 1 Lac washermen would be benefited by the mechanized washing center scheme. There is already one such mechanized washing unit operational at Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital in the city under Free Washing Machine Scheme.
Under the scheme:
- A team of government officials will visit Karnataka where washing machines would be introduced.
- The plan is to set up developed clothes washing centers or Dhobi Ghats.
- This scheme will also have officials handing over the machines to a group of washermen families to run it.
- Training will be provided to them for using the machines.
The aim of the scheme:
- The main objective is to give mechanized centers for washing bed sheets and other cloth material used in all government and maternity hospitals, primary health centers in the state.
- In the first phase, only bed sheets from Osmania General Hospital and Gandhi Hospital will be given for washing in Free Washing Machine.
V Saida, the Joint Secretary of Backward classes department verified that even apt locations to set up mechanized cloth washing centers would be identified. Borewells have to be drilled as sufficient water facility has to be provided to these centers under Free Washing Machine Scheme Implementation.