Free Mobile Phone Scheme for Women Entrepreneurs: Jharkhand Government
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das has initiated a new Free Mobile Phone Scheme to provide free mobile to women. This scheme shall cater to 1 Lac women entrepreneurs of the state. This scheme is an initiative by the state government of Jharkhand to lift Digital India Mission. As per the state government of Jharkhand, the main motive of the scheme is to encourage the women entrepreneurs and to motivate them toward the digitalization.
Important facts of the scheme:
- The women who are working as an entrepreneur will be offered free mobiles.
- CM said that three lac women have been given gas connections and ovens under Ujjawala scheme.
- In the next three to four years, all 23 lac BPL families will be provided the gas connections.
- Chief Minister Raghubar Das said that launching this scheme will help in digitalization and ensure the success of cashless Jharkhand campaign.
- The women entrepreneurs of Jharkhand are the backbone of the villages.
- On the occasion, CM urged the women associated with different kinds of livelihood activities to keep moving ahead as the Constitution of India grants equivalent rights to both males and females.
- The state government of Jharkhand will provide mobile phones soon under this free mobile scheme.
On this occasion, Chief Minister also launched ‘Tejaswini’ scheme worth 600 crores. Besides this, the government has also launched another major project ‘Johar Jharkhand’ of 1400 crore.
In the CM’s words, “It will help in digitalization and cashless Jharkhand. These women entrepreneurs are the backbone of the villages,” he said at a program in Ranchi. The representation of women will be 33 percent in gram sangathans. An Urban Haat is being made at a cost of Rs 17 crore for providing a market for the products of Sakhi Mandal, he said.
Vision of the Chief Minister Raghubar Das
- Das said that girls between 14-24 age groups will be toughened with the help of World Bank under ‘Tejaswini Yojana’, they will be given ‘Anopcharic Siksha’ (informal education) to inspire complete education and skill centers will be developed as required.
- He further said that the groups of girls will be organized and one Tejaswini Club will be made for every two aanganbari centers.
- After completing education and training, the recipients will be transferred Rs 10,000 promotion amount in their bank account.
- Rs 1400 crore Johar scheme focuses on strengthening the rural economy.
- The government will provide funds for cottage and small scale industries under this scheme, Das said.
- The government wants to prepare 4, 80,000 women entrepreneurs and strengthen them.
- Newspapers and periodicals focusing on SHGs works and news will be published for the women and the members of Sakhi Mandals will be reporters, Das said.
Earlier, on the occasion of International Women’s Day, Jharkhand Governor Draupadi Murmu on Wednesday inaugurated ‘Aajivika Mahila Mahasammelan’ at Jawahar Stadium Sector -3 here. “Now time has come when women should be made economically strong and government and society should work together to ensure this. She appealed to members of Aajivika Mahila Mahasammelan and SHGs to make people aware about the schemes of the government and be a partner in the development of the nation,” she said.