E-Bhoomi Portal for Haryana
To guarantee transparency in land deals, the chief minister of Haryana Mr. Manohar Lal Khattar has launched a new portal called the e-Bhoomi Portal in Haryana. This e-Bhoomi Land Purchase Portal for government projects is developed by Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC).
In this portal, people can sell their immobile property in a hassle free way to the government with the help of online portal. Property registration system can also be simplified by this portal so that the people do not have to visit government offices for registration of property. Public notice and advertisement would be released by the government department for land acquiring and offers within 30 days.
The department will also generate a unique service request number for tracking by landlord through e-Bhoomi Portal. This initiative prevents distress sale of land by the farmers as the government would be their potential partner.
Features of E-Bhoomi Portal:
- To assure transparency in land deals
- Landowners can sell land directly to government
- This portal helps to maintain accurate land data
- This would help the State Government in preparing its own land bank
- Voluntary offers for the sale of land by landowners to the government would also be handled through this portal
- HSIIDC developed e-Bhoomi Portal for the convenience of both buyer and seller and also for the government
- The system help people to get their work done regarding various departments just by sitting at home
- Property registrations, sale, and purchase of land can easily able through this portal
- e-Bhoomi portal is a transparent mechanism and would help a lot of people in their sale and purchase of property.
- It would also provide an opportunity to the landowners to get involved in the decision- making process while locating sites for development projects
Sudhir Rajpal, Managing Director of the HSIIDC, said, “The ‘e-Bhoomi’ portal would also be able to handle even voluntary offers for sale of land by landowners to the government. This would help the state government prepare its own land bank. “
He further added, “The state government had approved a policy on the purchase of land offered voluntarily to the government for development projects. The HSIIDC has been mandated as the designated agency for the online portal and consultancy support to implement the policy.”
Benefits of E-Bhoomi Portal
- A system through which people can get their paperwork related to government departments done while being at home with ease.
- The property registration system will be simplified so that people do not have to visit government offices for that purpose thus making the tasks hassle-free.
- The portal would also handle voluntary offers for sale of land to the government that would help the state prepare its own land bank.
Chief Minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar said that “The ‘e-Bhoomi’ portal would prevent distress sale of land by farmers as the government would be a potential partner. It would also provide an opportunity to the landowners to get involved in the decision- making process while locating sites for development projects and ensure hassle-free land procurement by departments.”
He added, “A public notice and advertisement would be released by the indenting department for land procurement and the offers could be made within 30 days. A unique service request number would also be generated for tracking by landowners or land aggregators.”
It is indeed a great step taken by the government of the state of Haryana in order to make the sale and purchase of land a hassle-free event. It shall also attract the interest of many as they are directly linked to the government.
For further queries: http://www.haryana.gov.in/home.html