Driving Licence – How to Apply Online?
Apply for driver’s license online – Procedure and with easy steps, sections, and details mentioned below.
One of the most necessary and valid identity proofs recognised by the Government of India i.e. the Driving Licence or DL. The document certifies the fact that a person who holds this ID is qualified and authorised to drive in India. For driving a vehicle, it is mandatory to have a DL in India.
If you want to apply for a Driving License, you can go to the official website the RTO and download the form online. Submit the application form along with other necessary documents during this process. Then, you can have a Learner’s License after your successful passing of the first test at the RTO. One month later, when you request for another test and pass that as well, you will get your Driving Licence.
Applying New Driving Licence – Online Procedure
Applicants who want to apply for a new driver’s license can do so by visiting online the Sarathi official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. Select the ‘New Driving Licence’ option from the ‘Sarathi Services’ column on the homepage.
A new page will open in the browser containing instructions on the online application process. Go on with the instructions, download the form to a computer and proceed to fill in the details requested.
Driving License – Online Application Process
The method for filling out an online request for a Learner’s Licence or Driving License is followed below:
- Visit the Sarathi portal and download the online application form.
- Fill up the form as per the on-screen instructions and click on ‘Submit’.
- If an individual is a minor applicant, the form is to be printed out, and Part D is to be taken to proceed out and signed by the parent/guardian to submit at the nearest RTO.
- Upload the required documents along with the application form (proof of age, address proof, learner’s licence number).
- After submission, a web application number will be generated, which can be used to track the status of your application.
- Once the request has been processed, a notification will be sent to you via SMS.
Online Application Form (Form 9)
The following details must be entered on the form:
- Type of License (Learners or Driving License)
- State (select from drop down menu)
- Name of RTO/DTO (select from drop down menu)
- Applicant’s name- first name, middle name and surname
- Date of birth (in dd/mm/yy format)
- Place of birth (optional)
- Country by birth
- Email address (optional)
- Name of either father/husband/guardian in full
- Permanent address proof (copy is to be enclosed along with form)
- Present address
- Citizenship status (by birth/naturalization/registration/descent/non-Indian)
- Educational qualification
- Identification marks (optional)
- Blood group
The next part contains information regarding the type of vehicle the candidate is seeking for a licence to drive.
The applicant can list up to 19 types of vehicles for which he/she is seeking a permit. The kind of licence (learner’s licence or driver’s license), as well as a description of the vehicle type, are to be mentioned.
The Registration Certificate number is to be mentioned.
The enclosures the applicant is submitting along with the application are to be listed here. The official documents to be presented should be proof of the applicant’s address, identity and age, learner’s license or driving licence issued to the applicant, along with details such as the registering RTO and the issue date.
This part consists of declarations that the applicant has submitted the important documents and enclosures if they apply to him/her, such as the medical fitness certificate, licence documents, proof of exemptions, etc.
This part covers to those applying for Learner’s Licence and contains a report providing the parent/guardian’s permission for their ward to request a Learner’s Licence. It is applicable in cases where the person is between the 16-18 years of age at the time of application.
The section must be signed in the presence of the Legal Authority by the parent/guardian.
On completing the form and after reviewing every detail, the candidate can submit the online form by clicking on the ‘Submit’ button at the end.
On submission, an auto-generated Web Application Number will appear on a screen.
Note: The number should be recorded for future reference and to check the status of the application.