Do You Know You Can Apply for Passport from Your Main Post Office
This is good news for people who feel it a hassle applying for passports. Now people will not have to go out of their district for a passport because all the work related to the passport will be done in the main post office.
Main points under applying for passports from post offices:
• Passport Service Centre services will also be available at all main post offices of the country.
• Minister of State for External Affairs VK Singh has stated that the main post offices in every district passport service center services will be provided.
• Now people will not go out of his district and all work related to the passport will be the main post office.
• This is the first time that the State Department will share its powers with other ministries which it got under the Passport Act.
• Between the Department of Foreign Affairs and Post Office, this combined pilot project was inaugurated at the main post office of Mysore, Karnataka and the main post office of Dahod, Gujrat.
Minister of State for External Affairs has ambitious plans regarding the expansion of this project in the entire country. He stated that if the pilot project is successful then we will also expand it to the country’s other main post offices in the next two to three months. Slowly, we will try to start the feature in all main post offices of the country.
However, Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha said that the first phase will be launched in main post offices of 38 districts. The Department of Foreign Affairs will train the staff. Significantly there are 89 passport service centers across the country.
Applying for passports has been a crucial and cumbersome task all the time. With this, comes the ease of applying for the document and being in a comfortable environment without much hassle.