CM Startup Scheme in Himachal Pradesh
Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh, Shri Virbhadra Singh Launched CM Start Up Scheme For Industries. Find out the complete information on CM Start Up Scheme here.
On 15th December 2016, CM of Himachal Pradesh (HP), Virbhadra Singh, has launched a Start-up scheme. This project has provided a fantastic opportunity for the industries to set up here. By including self into this project, individuals will not only provide opportunities to the other relevant industries but will also contribute to the development of the state. Now let’s find out all details of this scheme.
CM STARTUP SCHEME
Launch Date – 15 December 2016
Initiated by – HP CM, Virbhadra Singh
Applicable for – New Industries (Small-scale or Large scale)
Official Web Portal– http://himachal.nic.in/industry/
Programme’s aim – This project seeks to exempt the new units from inspection for up to 3 years.
New Startups will not only develop the state with this effort but will also provide employment slots to the unemployed people of the Himachal state.
HIMACHAL CM STARTUP SCHEME
Under this scheme, all start-ups/ new industries/ innovation projects would be eligible for availing appropriate incentives for components covered. And, under state and central scheme, the same incentives can’t be availed again.
Objectives of this Scheme
- Self-employment/ employment generation and income generation.
- Promoting new ideas/ products and processes suitable through startups for commercialization purpose.
- Set up Incubators/Incubation Centres in Himachal.
- Embrace the new business enterprises and entrepreneurs.
- Help business people gain knowledge, expertise, and avail assistance as provided under various schemes being implemented by State/Central
- Govt./Other institutions.
- Facilitate and promote innovation.
- Assist startups and Innovation Projects by the creation of incubation space.
- Facilitate adequate investment to startups.
- Facilitate venture capital funding.
- Promote Human Capital.
- Support industrial development in the state.
Under this project following are the primary focus areas –
- Technology-driven innovation in any sector.
- Rural infrastructure and facilities, crafts, arts, water and sanitation, Renewable energy, healthcare, etc.
- Agriculture, Horticulture and the related areas
- Food Processing
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Mobile, IT and ITes including hardware
- Self-Certification in CM Startup Scheme in Himachal.
All the new enterprises in Himachal will be required to submit only self-certified documents online or manually. All the concerned Departments will issue a provisional registration within 15 days from submission of the documents. Self-certification will reduce the regulatory burden on startups. Startups shall be allowed to self-certify compliance with labour laws and environment legislation and any other statutory/mandatory laws.
Inspection Related Information
No investigations by the officers of the Labor Department, H.P. Pollution Control Board, Drug Dept., and Food &Civil Supply Department will be done for 3 years without the permission of the Head of Department. Startups may be inspected only upon receipt of a complaint of the violation, filed in written and approved by at least one Senior level Officer to the inspecting authority.