CM Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY)
Sarbananda Sonowal, the current Chief Minister of Assam has instigated a new scheme named “Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY)” for the development of villages in Assam. This scheme is directed to develop and benefit the people of the villages and also to enhance the condition of the villages in Assam. The average investment of the scheme is around Rs 1.20 crore per revenue village. While the total required amount of the mission is Rs 30,000 crore over a period of five years. An amount of Rs 500 crore was provided in the current fiscal year 2016-17 which has been handed over by the finance minister to the chief minister.
Under the scheme:
- The government has made a financial expenditure of Rs. 30,000 crore for the implementation of Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY) in all the villages in Assam in the next five years, ending in 2021-22.
- The scheme will be put into practice through the saturation model by covering each village. It shall also attain its aim through the focused involvement in direct economic activities, the logistic support including market linkages, and community support.
- A Village Knowledge Centre will be set up in each village to bring proper balance in the scheme and MGNREGA playground will be developed in each village of the state.
The aim of the scheme:
- The main aim of the scheme is to bring ground-breaking changes by doubling-up the farm income.
- It is a move to bring about changes in development and to make a shift in the concept towards overall development of villages in Assam.
On the occasion of the launching of the scheme, the finance minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sharma said that the scheme has the power to guide the development of the villages in a new horizon of development. Five teams will be established in each block to work and proper functioning of different missions of the programs. As the scheme, this team will prepare development plans for them and that will be implemented in each village.