Chhattisgarh Government’s Free Lunch Scheme- Mukhyamantri Shramik Ann Sahayata Yojana
The state government of Chhattisgarh has launched an ambitious scheme on the auspicious occasion of ‘Cher-Chera’ and Swami Vivekananda’s birth anniversary. The scheme is about the free lunch named ‘Mukhyamantri Shramik Ann Sahayata Yojana’ for providing benefits to the registered unorganized laborers of the state of Chattisgarh.
Launching of the scheme:
The Agriculture Minister Brijmohan Agrawal launched this scheme near the Gandhi Maidan. Labor Minister Bhaiyyalal Rajwade addressed the ceremony. The registered construction workers in the unorganized sector and those involved in other construction activities will be covered under this scheme.
The features of the scheme according to the Labor Minister:
- Under this scheme, the food will be offered free of cost by the State Labor Department.
- Both the ministers distributed three tier Tiffin carriers with food to about one thousand workers at the inaugural function.
- Agriculture Minister Brijmohan Agrawal said that the workers do not work only for the source of revenue purposes but they build the nation also.
- The working class is totally enthusiastic and committed to the cause of the nation.
- The workers need not worry about the nutritious diet after the launch of the anna dan scheme.
- He added that about 24 projects are being operated for the welfare of the children of workers till the death in the State.
- The registrations can be made at the counter to be set up near the Gandhi maidan by the State Labour Department.
- Labor Minister Bhaiyyalal Rajwade said that he also was a worker once and he understands the pain and pangs of hunger.
- The project will be soon launched in every district and towns of the State.
- Labor Minister Rajwade said that this is the first of its kind scheme launched in the entire country.
- The State Government is sensitive to the needs and ambitions of the working class.
- Labor Minister Rajwade instructed the workers to get registered and obtain a card to gain benefits of the scheme.
- At the function, senior officers of the respective departments were also present.