Bhartiya Sanchar Nigam Limited is an Indian state-owned telecommunications company with its headquarters in Delhi. It is the largest provider of fixed telephony and broadband services with more than 60% market share and sixth largest mobile telephony provider in India. BSNL offers value-added services, such as Free Phone Service (FPH), India Telephone Card (Prepaid card), Account Card Calling (ACC), Virtual Private Network (VPN), Tele-voting, Premium Rate Service (PRM), Universal Access Number (UAN). BSNL also offers the IPTV which enables customers to watch television on internet and Voice and Video Over Internet Protocol (VVoIP). Currently, BSNL is serving both for Home and Business users with a very high-speed connectivity from 512Kbps to 24Mbps where technically called Bandwidth. BSNL is the largest telecom provider with their quality voice and broadband internet services.
If you are using BSNL broadband network and facing problems then follow the steps mentioned below to help you and also to configure BSNL modem to enable Wi-Fi/WLAN. Then this tutorial might rescue you and helps to configure BSNL Modem to enable Wi-Fi/WLAN. The modem that is distributed by the BSNL is very compact and powerful so it is best for Home and Small Office Networks. But a major issue comes by connecting the Internet through Wireless Modem. To get it actually done, one must have to configure it properly with correct settings. Follow the simple steps mentioned below to get the Internet on your desktop as well as Laptop without any physical connection.
BSNL modem configuration steps
- Set your IP as 192.168.1.1, it is mandatory. To do this go to “Network Places Properties” and set you Protocol IP to 192.168.1.1 and default gateway as 192.168.1.1.
- Now open the browser you are using and type the URL http://192.168.1.1 and then hit enter.
- Now you will be asked to enter the ID and password to configure your ADSL BSNL broadband Router/Modem. Enter the username and password you set earlier.
- A new page will be displayed. Here click on “Advanced Set Up” and then “EDIT” over Service PPPoE.
- No need to change “ATM PVC Configuration” then hit “Next”.
- Change “Connection Type” to “PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)” then again hit “Next”.
- Enter “PPP Username and Password” and Enter Service Name according to your wish. Don’t change any other setting. After this click “Next”.
- Don’t change any settings at “Network Address Translation Settings”. Click on “Next”, and then Click on “SAVE”.
Enabling Wi-Fi Security
- Go to Wireless Tab at Left Side.
- Then Security set Network Authentication to OPEN, Enable WEP Encryption, Current Network Key to “1” and enter Network Key 1 as ABCDE (Which acts as password while connecting to Wi-Fi).
- Save your Settings and Reboot you Router or Modem.
BSNL Customer Care Numbers
- BSNL Andaman & Nicobar Customer Care 9434024365
- BSNL Andhra Pradesh Customer Care 9440024365
- BSNL Assam Customer Care 9435024365
- BSNL Bihar Customer Care 9431024365/9431224365
- BSNL Chhattisgarh Customer Care 9425201234/9425201041
- BSNL Chennai Customer Care 9444024365
- BSNL Goa Customer Care 9444024365
- BSNL Gujarat Customer Care 9426024365
- BSNL Haryana Customer Care 9416024365
- BSNL Himachal Pradesh Customer Care 9418024365
- BSNL Jammu Kashmir Customer Care 9419024365
- BSNL Jharkhand Customer Care 9431124365
- BSNL Karnataka Customer Care 9448024365
- BSNL Kerala Customer Care 9447024365
- BSNL Kolkata Customer Care 9433024365
- BSNL Madhya Pradesh Customer care 9425024365/9425124365
- BSNL Maharashtra Customer Care 9422024365/9422124365
- BSNL Orissa Customer Care 9437024365
- BSNL Punjab Customer Care 9417024365
- BSNL Rajasthan Customer Care 9414024365
- BSNL Sikkim Customer Care 9434024365
- BSNL Tamil Nadu Customer Care 9443024365/9444024365
- BSNL Uttar Pradesh East Customer Care 9415024365
- BSNL Uttar Pradesh West Customer Care 9412024365
- BSNL West Bengal Customer Care 9434024365