Bhagya Laxmi Yojana Uttar Pradesh by CM Yogi Adityanath
The new chief minister of the state of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath has announced a number of schemes, one of them are the ‘Bhagya Laxmi Yojana’. This scheme is to provide financial assistance to the underprivileged girls of the state. Under this scheme, the state government of Uttar Pradesh will issue RS.50, 000 at the time of birth of the girls in the poor family. This scheme is to benefit the poor families of Uttar Pradesh.
Highlights of Bhagya Laxmi Yojana
- The Chief Minister of the state will launch the Bhagya Laxmi Yojana in the month of June 2017.
- The state government of Uttar Pradesh has given the directions to the Women Welfare Department to make the layout of Bhagya Laxmi Yojana.
- The amount shall be provided in installments to the girl’s family.
Beneficiaries of the Scheme:
The benefits of the Bhagya Laxmi scheme can be availed by two members of each family in other words the benefits are confined only to 2 girl-child of a BPL family.
The father, mother or guardian should have agreement on family planning methods and the total number of children should not exceed 3.
Agreement by Father-Mother:
- The girl should not become a child laborer.
- The girl should not get married until the age of 18 years.
- Take admission in a school recognized by the Education Department.
- Be enrolled at the Anganwadi center.
Verification for the Bhagya Laxmi Yojana:
After enrollment in Bhagyalakshmi scheme in UP and there will be verification by the department and total amount of Rs. 50,000/- will be deposited in 4 stages when girl studies with the selected financial institution in the girl child’s name.
The Child Development Project Officer is to gather information from all Circles and submit it within 15 days to the concerned District Deputy Directors, Department of Women & Child Development.
The Process for Applying for the Bhagya Laxmi Yojana in Uttar Pradesh:
- One should have the Aadhaar Card
- Name of Hospital where Girl Born with Birth Certificate.
- Family Income should be below Rs 2 Lacs
- One should have a Ration Card
Whom to Contact:
Contact the nearby Anganwadi Worker or Supervisor to identify the girl child and obtain application along with the birth certificate from the parents of the child and verify and submit them to the CDPO.
Number of Installments under Bhagya Laxmi Yojana:
- 3000 at the time of the admission in 6th class
- 7000 at the time of the admission in 10th class
- 8000 at the time of the admission in 12th class
- 32000 at the time of admission in graduation
The scheme is surely a boon to the poor families who cannot afford education and basic amenities for their child. The Chief Minister shall launch the scheme in the month of June 2017 to help the girl child flourish in the state of Uttar Pradesh. This is one of the schemes that the CM Yogi Adityanath has promised to the people of the State.