- 1 Balika Samridhi Yojana -Availing benefit of rupees 500
- 1.1 Know about Balika Samridhi Yojana
- 1.2 Objectives of the Balika Samridhi Yojana of the Indian Government
- 1.3 Benefits under Balika Samridhi Yojana
- 1.4 Implementation of the Balika Samridhi Yojna
- 1.5 Pay-out of Balika Samridhi Yojna
- 1.6 Facility of Withdrawal under the Balika Samridhi Yojna
- 1.7 Payment at Maturity
- 1.8 Withdrawal of the Benefit
Balika Samridhi Yojana -Availing benefit of rupees 500
The government of India has launched an ambitious scheme for the girl child in India belonging to the BPL families of the nation and remain underprivileged. The scheme is named ‘Balika Samridhi’.
Know about Balika Samridhi Yojana
Female children belonging to BPL families are provided help at different stages of life under this scheme.
The girl child born on or after 15th August 1997 is eligible for availing benefits of this scheme. The benefits are restricted to two girl children in a household irrespective of a number of children in the household. Balika Samridhi Yojana is being implemented in both rural and urban areas.
Objectives of the Balika Samridhi Yojana of the Indian Government
- To alter the mindset of the families and society towards the girl child at birth and also towards her mother.
- To improve enrollment and retention of girl children in schools.
- To make an increase in the age limit of the marriage of girls.
- To help girls to embark on income generating activities.
- To generate attentiveness for the girl child.
Benefits under Balika Samridhi Yojana
- A post birth grant amount of Rs. 500/-.
- When the girl child starts going to the school, she will become eligible for annual scholarship as mentioned below after completed year of schooling:-
|Class||Amount of Annual Scholarship|
|I-III||Rs. 300/- per annum for each class|
|IV||Rs. 500/- per annum|
|V||Rs. 600/- per annum|
|VI-VII||Rs. 700/- per annum for each class|
|VIII||Rs. 800/- per annum|
|IX-X||Rs. 1000/- per annum for each class|
Implementation of the Balika Samridhi Yojna
This scheme is being implemented through ICDS infrastructure in rural areas and through functionaries of Health Department in urban areas. The application forms are available with Anganwadi Workers in the villages and with Health functionaries in urban areas. The recipients are required to submit the filled-in applications to these functionaries.
Get the form for Balika Samridhi Yojna- Urban: Download
Get the form for Balika Samridhi Yojna- Rural: Download
Pay-out of Balika Samridhi Yojna
The amount of money given under post birth grant and scholarships are to be credited in an interest-bearing account to be opened in the name of the receiver girl child and an officer designated in this behalf by the State Government in the nearest bank or post office. The amount should earn the maximum possible rate of interest. In this context, the Public Provident Fund scheme or the National Saving Certificate is given higher priority.
Facility of Withdrawal under the Balika Samridhi Yojna
A portion of the Post Birth Grant of Rs.500/- or the amount of the annual scholarship can be applied for the single purpose of paying the premium on an insurance policy in the name of the girl child under the Bhagyashri Balika Kalyan Bima Yojna. The amounts of annual scholarships can also be legalized to be utilized toward the purchase of textbook or uniform for the girl child. The amount left after payment shall be deposited in the account.
Payment at Maturity
On completion of 18 years of age of the girl child and on the creation of a certificate from the Gram Panchayat /Municipality that she is unmarried on her eighteenth birthday, the implementing agency would authorise the bank or the post office authorities concerned to allow her to withdraw the amount there in her name in the interest bearing account.
Withdrawal of the Benefit
In the event of the girl getting married before attaining the age of 18 years, she shall fail to get the benefit of a number of annual scholarships and the interest accumulated thereon and shall stand entitled only to the Post Birth Grant amount of Rs.500/- and the interest accumulated thereon. In the eventuality of the death of the girl child before attaining the age of 18 years, the accumulated amount in her account would be withdrawn.