- 1 Annapurna Akshaya Patra Yojana for Punjab and Haryana
Annapurna Akshaya Patra Yojana for Punjab and Haryana
Annapurna Akshaya Patra Yojna is a novel food scheme introduced in the Union Territory of Chandigarh conjointly by the State of Punjab and Haryana.
Visions of Annapurna Akshaya Patra Yojana
Under this scheme, the government offers food to the poor at a nominal cost compared to the market. The main objective of the Annapurna Akshaya Patra Yojana is to provide nutritious, healthy food to the poor and needy in Chandigarh.
In this meal scheme, the government provides food for the poor people of Chandigarh at Rs.10 /. The food consists of 6 chapattis, vegetables, and pickles.
Objectives of Annapurna Akshaya Patra Yojana
As mentioned above as well, the main objective of the Annapurna Akshaya Patra Yojana is to provide nutritious food to needy people in Chandigarh.
At the present, a target of dispensing 1000 packets of meal every day and later it will be amplified up to 10000 food packets every day.
Benefits of the Scheme
- Advantages of food at Rs. 10 only included 6 Chapattis, vegetable, and pickle to poor peoples
- Advantages of nutritious diet to needy people in Chandigarh
- Fresh, hygienic and nutritious food for poor and needy people of the place
Food Supply Locations for Annapurna Akshaya Patra
- Sabzi mandi (Transport Area), Sector 26
- Labor Chowk, Manimajra
- Labor Chowk, (Near EWS Colony), Dhanas
- Labor Chowk, Ram Darbar
- Labor Colony No. 4, Industrial Area, Phase 1
Attributes of the Scheme
- Annapurna Akshaya Patra Yojana is a great meal scheme initiated collectively by the state government of Haryana and state government of Punjab in Chandigarh.
- Providing food to poor people at a lesser cost compared to market is the main aim of the scheme by the government.
- The whole meal package given by the government for the food, comprises of food at Rs. 10 only included 6 Chapatis, vegetable, and pickle in foil paper to poor peoples of Chandigarh
- The government spends Rs. 3 lac per month for 30,000 packets.
- The aim is to scale up the project to 10,000 packets per day
- Established a kitchen at a total cost of Rs. 70 lac. The food packets will be available from 6 pm to 9 pm at 5 selected locations
Other Details of the Scheme
- Union territories have established a kitchen at a total cost of Rs. 70 lac for this scheme.
- The food packages will be available from 6 pm to 9 pm at five selected locations such as:
- Sabzi Mandi,
- Sector 26,
- Labor Chowk,
- Labor Chowk (Near EWS Colony) Dhanas,
- Labor Chowk,
- Ram Darbar,
- Labor Colony Number 4,
- Industrial Area,
- Phase 1 in the city.
- The government has decided to spend Rs. 3 lack per month for 30,000 packets & the estimated cost is Rs. 70 lack for installation of machines for cooking the food.
Such schemes are aimed at bringing prosperity in the country, by providing alms to the poor and needy people a helping hand. The main aim of this scheme is to provide affordable, hygienic and nutritious food to poor.