A Scheme for the Milk Production Farmers of Rajasthan- Raj Saras Suraksha Kavach Bima Yojana
The Chief Minister of Rajasthan Vasundhara Raje has launched an ambitious and new scheme for the milk producing farmers of the state.The Scheme is known as the Raj Saras Suraksha Kavach Bima Yojana.
The farmers of Rajasthan Co-Operative Dairy Federation will be covered by a safety net by benefitting them with a personal accident insurance of Rs.5 lac under ‘Raj Saras Suraksha Kavach Bima Yojana‘.
Features of the Scheme:
- This is probably country’s first plan of the most personal accident insurance amount for the dairy farmers.
- The Minister of Cooperatives and Gopalan Ajay Singh Kilak was instructed by the Chief Minister to launch the scheme on the occasion of New Year.
- The Minister of Cooperatives and Gopalan Ajay Singh Kilak informed that new insurance scheme has been started for all the cooperative committee related to the dairy Federation.
- This scheme will benefit lacs of people of the state of Rajasthan.
Objectives of the Raj Saras Suraksha Kawatch Bima Yojana
- Women and the members of SC/ST castes are given special benefits under this insurance scheme.
- They will get the benefit of the insurance on low premium.
- These members will get the benefit of this accident insurance at a low premium of Rs.20.25 annually, while this premium will be of Rs.24.30 annually for the general members.
- Minister of Cooperatives and Gopalan said that the milk producing families will get financial support in case of accident by this accident insurance scheme.
- The State Government has signed a MoU with United India Insurance Company Limited for Raj Saras Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- Under this, the nominee of the insured member will be provided Rs.5 lakh on the death of the insured member.
- In the case of any person completely disabled from eyes, hands, and legs they will get Rs. 5 lakh of insurance and Rs. 1 lakh will be given for that person who has no one hand, one leg or one eye.